Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Childhood friend

The following is an email I received recently from someone I grew up with. Wanted to share his sentiments.

Bill,

Noticed on Facebook that you had entered your first triathlon and got caught up on your blog this past weekend. Congrats! I did my first tri in '98 and have been competing ever since - 6 to 10 events per year including an Ironman finish in '02. It can be addicting.

Sounds like you have lots of good resources and are taking a smart approach. I particularly commend the swim lessons. It can be humbling (we should have been doing laps back at the pool in West Union instead of chasing girls and doing cannonballs off the high dive!). Also the core training - this is vital to all three disciplines and often overlooked by beginners as well as veterans. Listen to your body on the run - we're not 18 any more. Seems like there is always something nagging me in this department, but I digress . . . .

Let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to try to help. With the exception of the mountain biking (kudos on the Xterra choice) it seems like I've done it all at least once in this sport - usually the wrong way the first time! Good luck!

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment